Header Ads Widget

Ticker

6/recent/ticker-posts

Here comes the sun

He's six now, this sun bathed baby. My first born. My breath of air right from the blue sky above. I look at this photo and remember that his brother wasn't born yet. I was five months pregnant and yes, in a bikini at the beach. That's my butterfly tattooed ankle there in the background. I can taste those fish and chips, no they were not fries... chips people, chips. And feel the baby squirming beneath the already taunt skin across my belly. There in that moment I felt like the mother I always imagined, my hopes immense like the sea beneath the warmth of that sun. Happy and settled. The new year just begun and summer in full swirl of sand and beach picnics...

September in Queensland (which is a state in Australia if you aren't too sure) is the beginning of the season of seagulls and sun, water babies and bare feet. How I love bare feet. We live but 35 minutes from the Gold Coast and 5 minutes from local beaches.

Today my youngest, the one I am pregnant with in this photo who is now two, was watching kids programs when a song came on that made me think of finding this picture. The song talks about the sun coming out after a long winter and the edges of ice melting...

That's how I feel today. Like the sun is coming... in many ways, the sun is coming. I feel like I have waited a life time. Maybe I have. And in many ways those rays are already touching my life. "Here comes the sun, little darling..." You know the song? I can't think of the name..

Just wanted to share the happy thought. I love summer in Australia. Wood burning BBQs and seafood and the promise of lots of drippy ice-blocks. Happiness. I am glad seasons turn. Especially those of the heart.

What about you? Does your season have sunshine, even if you are heading into winter?

Yorum Gönder

0 Yorumlar