A couple weeks ago Mister Bones wrote a blog titled Allow me a Moment Atop my Soapbox. His post was geared toward all the men online who see women as nothing but sex objects, leaving flirtatious comments that have nothing to do with the subject matter at hand. Here's a section taken from his page...
Guys, really. It's 2011. Yes, there are women in this world who love horror, who love video games, who love metal music. There are women in this world who love all of the things that you love, and likely some who love it even more than you do. Let's grow up a bit. Do you really think if you leave a comment like "you're so hawt and you play Halo! We should meet!" on a post that took an hour or longer to write, any woman is going to hop the next plane out and fly across the country to bang you? It's completely asinine and juvenile, and does nothing but publicly display your ignorance. I can understand that there are females out there who like this kind of attention, but they primarily stick to things like MySpace, and I'm fairly certain it's quite illegal for you to bang them anyway. -Tales from the Batcave
While I totally agree with his point of view on this, today I'm here to call out the ladies. Yes, there are plenty of women who share similar interests as men, myself included. But what I can't stand are the females who comment and blog about anything they think will get a guys attention. Ya know, the chicks who like everything a guy likes just because she's crushing on him? Gag me with a spoon! It's beyond irritating and just makes them look pathetic. These are usually the chicks who say "I get along better with guys" and "Females are nothing but drama". They wonder why girlfriends, wives, etc "hate them". Well, we don't hate you. In fact, we just feel sorry for you. We're not jealous, we just find you annoying. Having friends of the opposite sex is fine, but at least be considerate.
And just a side note, if you are liking a guy don't try to be his clone. It's cool to share hobbies and interests, but be honest about it. Example: Girl claims to be a huge sports fan, but when she goes to a game she has no idea what the hell's going on. It doesn't make you more appealing, it just makes it obvious how fake you are. And chances are, guy is going to think wow, if she's putting on a show just to get with me, how will she change in a few months? Or a few years? Not girlfriend material at all. Men will have more respect for you if you have a mind of your own and don't follow them around like lost puppy dogs.
I have a vagina and I happen to love horror movies, monsters, and loud music. But at the same time, I dig chick flicks, Britney Spears is one of my many guilty pleasures, and I act like a big baby at haunted houses. I don't spend hours in front of a xbox, and never claimed to know shit about sports. I just think I look cute in a jersey. I never put on an act to get someone's attention, at least that way people know what they're getting with me. I'm not afraid to be myself, even if that means someone may not see eye to eye with me about a particular topic. I'm proud of who I am and I don't change for anyone.
Poser: 1. one who pretends to be someone they're not
2. who tries to fit in but with exaggeration
So, all you posers out there... Excuse my language for a moment but... Please, shut the fuck up! Stop trying to mold yourself into a certain type of person, and be YOU. Don't make everything you do be something used to catch the eye of a another. You embarrass all us real women. Get some self-esteem and be your own person.
0 Yorumlar