Header Ads Widget

Ticker

6/recent/ticker-posts

just in time for summer....





My timing is impeccable! I finished knitting a warm wooly jumper... just in time for the warm weather.  I am sure I'll get some use of it when we are camping, the evenings can be a bit chilly here in Scotland.

I mentioned this jumper before but I have never shared the details. Maybe you would like make your own. This is the Mathilda jumper, designed by Anna Dervout. It is not a cheap pattern (measured by Ravelry standards) and I am sure I could have recreated it without instructions but I imagine it must be hard enough to make a living as a pattern designer and I decided to buy it. The pattern is well written and easy to follow. What attracted me to this pattern is the classic line, the scoop neck and the stitch simple pattern, which reminds me of a fabric that has teeny tiny beads sewn onto.

I made this jumper with Cascade Heritage yarn in the colour way cerulean. It is a deep green-blue, very pretty.  I enjoyed knitting with this yarn, it is smooth on the fingers and does not split. It is machine washable, which is always a bonus. The fibre content is 75% wool and 25% nylon. I guess that makes it sock yarn. Unfortunately, it pills a bit. I know because I made a cardigan with a different colour way before. I must get one of those wool pill shaving thingies that I am sure are available to buy for the trendy fashionista.

I wore the jumper to a BBQ a week ago. It kept me warm and it kept the midges away from my skin. This is always an advantage in Scotland.  I thought the sleeves were a bit long. I'll see how I get used to them. It would be a quick fix, unravelling a few rounds.

I just just over 400 grams of this yarn (4 and bit skeins). I have enough left to make a pair of matching socks. I might even make the same stitch pattern. Nobody will see of course but I'll know that my socks and jumper are a perfect match.

What is on your needles at the moment? I am knitting a pair of socks (not the matching ones), it is a handy little project to carry around. I am also casting on another jumper but I'll tell you more of that another time.

Thanks for visiting. I am somewhere in the middle of nowhere when this post goes live but I'll see your comments when I am visiting civilisation to stock up on food. Apologies in advance for the spam comments, which I will only be able to delete every now and then.

Back soon xx

Yorum Gönder

0 Yorumlar